Hue, with its mix of history and modern life, is the gateway to the treasures of Vietnam’s royal past. But we’re not taking you on a stuffy history tour. Instead, we’re getting under the city’s skin (and into its stomach) aboard local cyclos with plenty of stops for local food (and a bit of history) along the way!
4:30pm: Start from our office with tour guide and cyclist man to go along the river, cross the Trang Tien bridge to Dong Ba market - biggest local market in Hue. We will walk around the market for half an hour and our local guide will explain to you some fresh ingredients locals use for cooking daily.
We continue cyclo tour for the Citadel area, then stop at some famous places on the way for local where they cook special local dishes:
- Banh Khoai (Hue fried pancake)
- Nem Lụi (Grilled pork skewer)
- Bun Bo Hue (Hue beef noodle soup)
- Banh It (Vegetarian sticky rice cake)
- Banh Nam (Sticky rice cake with shrimp in Banana leaf)
- Banh Beo (Bloating fern cake shape)
- Banh Loc (Tapioca Cake)
- Bun Thit Nuong (Noodle with Grilled Pork)
After tasting tasting many kinds of Hue local street food, we will drive you back to your hotel and your tour finish at around 7.30pm.